Friday, January 9, 2015

New Magic - Dark Deal, and Infected By Art

As I mentioned last week in my tarot post, some new Magic work was on the way. Well, here we are a week later, and I'm happy to be able to stay true to my word. Today all of the final card images were released for the new Fate Reforged set in the Tarkir block of Magic: The Gathering. I'm happy that one of my new cards was in this group, as sometimes it's hard to tell where my illustrations will fall. Here it is: 
 
Dark Deal - 12" x 16" - Oil on masonite


And here's my sketch:

12" x 16" - Charcoal and digital



In other news, I'm super honored to announce that two of my paintings were selected for inclusion in the Infected By Art, Volume 3 Book:


The caliber of artwork entered this year was amazing, and the judges were some real leaders in this industry, so I'm very thankful to have been chosen. Congratulations to everyone else who was selected as well, I think this will be a beautiful book!

1 comment:

  1. The breast poking out under the right character's arm is anatomically incorrect. It's located too far down on the torso. Incidentally, how did an exposed female breast escape censorship?

    ReplyDelete